The Peri 9-Ball Open 2023 has taken the billiards world by storm. With a substantial prize pool, a star-studded lineup, and thrilling matches, this tournament has become a must-watch for cue sports enthusiasts. In this article, we’ll delve into the details of this spectacular event, including the bracket, prize pool distribution, where to catch the live stream, and the latest results.
A Grand Event in Hanoi City
The Peri 9-Ball Open 2023 is being held in Hanoi City, Vietnam, from October 5th to 9th. It’s a significant event on the World Nineball Tour calendar, with a total prize pool of $104,000 up for grabs. The tournament is taking place at the purpose-built Peri Pool Arena, which promises to be a fitting stage for the world’s best pool players.
One of the highlights of this event is the star-studded field it has attracted. The world’s number one-ranked player, Francisco Sanchez Ruiz, is headlining the tournament. Joining him are renowned players such as Shane van Boening, David Alcaide, Fedor Gorst, Mario He, Jayson Shaw, and Skyler Woodward.
Adding to the excitement, Filipino World Cup of Pool champions Johann Chua and James Aranas are also competing for the coveted $25,000 top prize. Additionally, young talents like Moritz Neuhausen and Aleksa Pecelj have a chance to make their mark in this prestigious competition.
While the Peri 9-Ball Open boasts an impressive lineup, some notable players have chosen to participate in other tournaments. Newly crowned US Open champion Ko Ping-Chung and his brother Ko Pin-Yi are competing in the WPA Qatar Open. The likes of Joshua Filler, Carlo Biado, and Wiktor Zielinski have also decided to skip this event in favor of other competitions.
Vietnamese number one Duong Quoc Hoang is a prominent local contender in the Peri 9-Ball Open. He’s joined by players like Nguyen Anh Tuan, Luong Duc Thien, Do The Kien, and Pham Phuong Nam, all of whom aim to represent their country proudly.
If you can’t make it to Hanoi City to witness the action live, don’t worry. You can catch all the thrilling moments from the Peri 9-Ball Open on various platforms. Coverage will be broadcast on the webthethao.vn YouTube channel, providing a convenient way for fans worldwide to follow the tournament. Additionally, selected matches will be shown on the Matchroom Pool YouTube channel, ensuring that you won’t miss any crucial moments.
The Peri 9-Ball Open follows a double-elimination format, making it an intense competition where players get a second chance to advance even after suffering an initial defeat. You can check out the full draw bracket via the Digital Pool system, which adds an extra layer of excitement to the tournament.
The tournament is already in full swing, and the action is heating up. Here are some of the latest results from the Peri 9-Ball Open:
- Francisco Sanchez Ruiz 9-6 Chang Yu-Lung
- Sullivan Clark 9-7 Oscar Dominguez
- Billy Thorpe 9-4 Tang Ching-Ting
- Jeffrey Ignacio 5-9 Do Van Khai
- Nguyen Anh Tuan 6-9 Bui Truong An
- Mickey Krause 9-7 Tim De Ruyter
- James Aranas 9-2 Jose Delgado
- Moritz Neuhausen 9-3 Kuo Xuan-Wei
- Dang Thanh Kien 4-9 Michael Baoanan
- Jeffrey Roda 9-6 Chan Keng Kwang
- Michael Feliciano 9-3 Ngo Quang Trung
- Sanjin Pehlivanovic 9-4 Jundel Mazon
- Desmond Teck 3-9 Kuo Po-Cheng
- Jhon La Garde 9-7 Amiel Leonor
- Kyle Amoroto 9-4 Oliver Villafuerte
- Mario He 4-9 Jhon Rebong
- Fedor Gorst 9-3 Matt Edwards
- Lo Van Xuan 5-9 Nguyen Manh Tung
- Roland Garcia 8-9 Dennis Orcollo
- Nguyen Hoang Phong 9-5 Dimitris Loukatos
- Aloysius Yapp 7-9 Pijus Labutis
- Warren Kiamco 8-9 Fu Che-Wei
- Johann Chua 9-6 Ko Ping-Han
- Max Lechner 9-0 Shane van Boening
- Skyler Woodward 9-2 Julian Serradilla
- Marvin Asis 9-7 Nguyen Van Huynh
- Billy Ussery 8-9 Nizam Ahmed
- Bernie Regalario 7-9 Niels Feijen
- Abdullah Siddiqui 8-9 Liu Ri-Teng
- Anton Raga 9-3 Aleksa Pecelj
- Jeffrey De Luna 9-3 Joao Grilo
- Max Eberle 2-9 Pham Phuong Nam
- Francisco Sanchez Ruiz 10-4 Sullivan Clark
- Billy Thorpe 8-10 Do Van Khai
- Bui Truong An 10-5 Mickey Krause
- James Aranas 10-0 Moritz Neuhausen
- Michael Baoanan 1-10 Jeffrey Roda
- Michael Feliciano 10-4 Sanjin Pehlivanovic
- Kuo Po-Cheng 10-2 Jhon La Garde
- Kyle Amoroto 10-4 Jhon Rebong
- Fedor Gorst 10-3 Nguyen Manh Tung
- Dennis Orcollo 10-6 Nguyen Hoang Phong
- Pijus Labutis 9-10 Fu Che-Wei
- Johann Chua 10-5 Max Lechner
- Skyler Woodward 10-4 Marvin Asis
- Nizam Ahmed 5-10 Niels Feijen
- Liu Ri-Teng 7-10 Anton Raga
- Jeffrey De Luna 10-2 Pham Phuong Nam
- Francisco Sanchez Ruiz 10-4 Do Van Khai
- Bui Truong An 7-10 James Aranas
- Jeffrey Roda 9-10 Michael Feliciano
- Kuo Po-Cheng 10-6 Kyle Amoroto
- Fedor Gorst 10-2 Dennis Orcollo
- Fu Che-Wei 10-8 Johann Chua
- Skyler Woodward 8-10 Niels Feijen
- Anton Raga 10-3 Jeffrey De Luna
- Francisco Sanchez Ruiz 9-10 James Aranas
- Michael Feliciano 10-6 Kuo Po-Cheng
- Fedor Gorst 10-4 Fu Che-Wei
- Niels Feijen 8-10 Anton Raga
- James Aranas vs Michael Feliciano
- Fedor Gorst vs Anton Raga
(To be determined)
Prize Pool Distribution
Here’s a breakdown of the prize pool distribution for the Peri 9-Ball Open 2023:
- Champion: $25,000
- Runner-up: $15,000
- Semi-finalists: $8,000 each
- Quarter-finalists: $4,000 each
- Last 16: $2,000 each
- Last 32: $1,000 each
The Peri 9-Ball Open 2023 is undoubtedly a thrilling event that brings together the best pool players from around the world. With a substantial prize pool, intense matches, and top-notch coverage, it’s a must-watch for any cue sports enthusiast. Stay tuned for the semi-finals and the grand final to witness intense battles on the pool table.
The tournament is scheduled from October 5th to 9th, 2023.
The total prize pool is $104,000, with the champion receiving $25,000.
You can catch the action on the webthethao.vn YouTube channel, Vietnam Billiards Promotion Facebook page, and Matchroom Pool YouTube channel.
Get ready for an exciting week of billiards action at the Peri 9-Ball Open 2023!